1. Complete Your Program Requirements – Ensure your academic record is complete and any incomplete grades are finalized before graduation. Conduct an online audit by logging into your Populi account.
Things to check for:
- You’re completing the final classes required for your degree or diploma. This is a great time to make sure all grades are finalized and nothing was missed.
- Your degree or personal information is listed correctly.
2. Verify Your Financial Status
- Satisfy any outstanding financial obligations, that may be required, with the HUHS Business Office by calling 865-524-8079 x3.
- Financial Aid Students: Federal student loans require students to complete an online exit interview. For more details to ensure completion, please contact the Financial Aid Office by calling 865-524-8079 x2.
3. Apply to Graduate – Complete the HUHS Notice of Intent to Graduate
Please submit your application for conferral before the following review deadlines:
- Fall: Apply by October 1
- Spring: Apply by April 1
- Summer: Apply by June 1
If you miss one of these deadlines, that is no problem.
4. Pay the $50 Graduation Fee – after completing the application you will be sent to a payment portal. You are required to pay this fee for each degree or diploma you are conferring. The fee covers the following:
- Diploma, presented in a padded, diploma folder featuring the HUHS logo, that is suitable for framing.
- Administrative costs to process the graduation including a formal degree audit
- One complimentary official transcript (a $5.00 value)
- USPS Priority Shipping with a tracking number
What to Expect After Application – You will receive confirmation of receipt. Please allow us 48 hours to review your application. We will contact you directly if we notice any issues that may delay your graduation request.
Your diploma or degree will be mailed to the address specified on your intent to graduate within 2-3 weeks of completion. An email notification will be sent to you once your degree has been mailed.