Is Huntington University of Health Sciences accredited?

Huntington University of Health Sciences (HUHS) is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC). The Distance Education Accrediting Commission is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a recognized accrediting agency. Also, the Distance Education Accrediting Commission is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). CHEA is a national advocate and institutional voice for academic quality through accreditation, CHEA is a US association of degree-granting colleges and universities and recognizes institutional and programmatic accrediting organizations. CHEA is the only national organization focused exclusively on higher education accreditation.

When do the courses begin?

Track A-School of Health and Human Nutrition (Financial Aid approved)

Huntington University of Health Sciences operates on a Standard Academic Year, which includes a Fall and Spring semester with an optional Summer session. Each semester consists of two 8-week modules and financial aid is disbursed accordingly per module. The optional Summer session consists of one 8-week module. Most students will take 2 classes each 8-week module. The Summer term is only one 8-week module. Students will take 1 or 2 classes during this time.

Track B- School of Integrative Nutrition and Healthcare (Non-FA approved)

Self-Paced offers the convenience of rolling enrollment, so you can sign up and take classes year-round without having to wait for formal semester start and ends dates. Each course is 16-weeks long, but are designed to be completed within 8-weeks. This means that all of your course documents will be made available to you on your official start date, and you have the benefit of working at your own pace.

Self-Paced programs are not eligible for Federal Financial Aid.

Is Huntington University of Health Sciences 100% Online?

Yes! All of our courses and degrees are offered in an asynchronous learning environment that is 100% online!

What is Asynchronous Learning?

Asynchronous learning is a general term used to describe forms of education, instruction, and learning that do not occur in the same place or at the same time. The term is most commonly applied to various forms of digital and online learning in which students learn from instruction that is not being delivered in person or in real time. Yet asynchronous learning may also encompass a wide variety of instructional interactions, including email exchanges between teachers, online discussion boards, and course-management systems that organize instructional materials and correspondence, among many other possible variations.

What kind of financial aid does HUHS offer?

  1. HUHS No Interest Monthly Tuition payments
  2. Employer Tuition Reimbursement Programs
  3. Pell Grants
  4. Direct Loans

After I’ve graduated, are there any initials I can use after my name to indicate my educational credentials?

Absolutely! Graduates of the diploma programs or degree programs can use the following initials, designating their educational credentials:

Dip.C.N.: Diploma in Comprehensive Nutrition

Dip.D.S.S.: Diploma in Dietary Supplement Science

Dip.H.Sc: Diploma in Herbal Sciences

Dip.S.N.: Diploma in Sports Nutrition

Dip.W.N.: Diploma in Women’s Nutrition

A.S.: Associate of Science in Applied Nutrition

A.S.: Associate of Science in Integrative Nutrition

B.S.: Bachelor of Science in Nutrition

B.S.: Bachelor of Science in Integrative Nutrition

M.S.: Master of Science in Nutrition

M.S.: Master of Science in Integrative Nutrition

D.Sc.: Doctor of Science in Integrate Healthcare

What can I call myself after I have graduated?

Since there are states and/or countries that have regulations as to the educational requirements and use of various occupational titles, we suggest that you check with your state to see if there are any applicable regulations. In the United States, for example, some states have restrictions for using the title “Nutritionist” or “Nutrition Counselor”, while other states do not. In any case, the use of “Registered Dietitian” or “Dietitian” are restricted to those individuals who met the credentialing requirements of the American Dietetic Association. Please do note that none of our programs are intended to lead towards a Registered Dietitian (RD) credential. Please see our Registered Dietitian Disclosure. Students are responsible for determining if their country or state has any requirements with regards to providing nutrition counseling or services.


To the best of our knowledge, there are currently no U.S. federal or state restrictions for using the following titles:

  • Nutrition Specialist
  • Integrative Nutrition Specialist
  • Nutrition Consultant
  • Nutrition Professional
  • Integrative Nutrition Professional

The American Nutrition Association® (Formerly the Center for Nutrition Advocacy®) is an excellent resource for those interested in pursuing a career in Nutrition.

The Council of Holistic Health Educators is an excellent resource for those interested in pursuing a career in Nutrition.

Will your degree program provide an education that is comparable to what I might learn at a traditional campus based university?

We believe that our degree programs are not only comparable to what you might learn at a traditional campus based university, but that the curriculum and materials for these programs will provide a broader, more comprehensive nutrition education in most cases.

The biggest difference you’ll find is you may start your education from the comfort of your own home, instead of a lecture hall.

What occupations will be enhanced by the knowledge gained from your programs?

  • Your own nutrition counseling business
  • Writing for health and nutrition magazines
  • Nutritional Product Marketers
  • Owning, managing or working in a health food store
  • Providing nutrition counseling in the office of a health professional
  • Working with your church or social club as a nutrition counselor
  • Health food sales representative
  • Lecturing on health and nutrition
  • Nutrition advisor to a health club or weight loss clinic
  • Sports nutrition advisor to athletes or athletic teams

Are HUHS degrees, diplomas and certificates of completion accepted in other countries?

We have students and graduates all over the world and because HUHS is accredited (see Accreditation), our graduates find their HUHS credentials to be accepted as credible certification of their nutrition education. We advise that you check with your local authorities regarding their view.