Complaint Procedure:

The complaint procedure is an informal procedure allowing a discussion of an issue and possible resolution.

Level 1: A complaint must be directed as soon as possible to the person or persons whose actions or inactions have given rise to the complaint. Every effort should be made to resolve the problem promptly and fairly. If no resolution is reached between the student and staff member, the student may move to level 2.

Level 2: The student shall process the complaint in a timely manner through the appropriate academic or administrative office:

  • Academic complaints (grades, program requirements, assessment, faculty concerns, Moodie course content issues, etc.) are to be addressed to the appropriate academic dean.
  • Student Service complaints (tuition, Moodie technical issues, Admissions, Registration, etc.) are to be addressed to the Senior Vice President, Administration and Academic Affairs.

If the complaint is not resolved within one week, the student shall then proceed to the written grievance procedure.


Grievance Procedure:

Students who have moved through both level 1 and 2 of the complaint procedure without the problem being resolved may file a written grievance. with the Senior Vice President, Administration and Academic Affairs.

  • After investigation and ascertaining that the complaint procedure Level 1 and 2 has been exhausted, the Vice President will refer the grievance to the College’s Grievance Committee to address the problem. Members of the Grievance Committee are as follows: Provost; Vice President, Administration and Academic: Affairs; the appropriate dean; and the College President.
  • The grievance will be reviewed at a grievance hearing within ten (10) business days of receiving the grievance. The hearing will take place by conference call.
  • The complainant and defendant shall be allowed to speak at appointed times.
  • The Grievance Committee will review all relevant facts presented by both parties and will issue a written majority decision on its findings to the complainant and defendant.
  • The decision of the Grievance Committee is final.

If the complaint cannot be resolved after exhausting Huntington College of Health Sciences grievance procedure, the student may file a complaint with the Tennessee Higher Education Commission:

Address: 404 James Robertson Parkway, Suite 1900, Nashville, TN 37243;

Telephone: 615-741-3605

and/or the

Distance Education Accrediting Commission

Address:  1101 17th Street NW, Suite 808, Washington, D.C. 20036

Telephone:  202-234-5100;