Graduate Admissions Checklist
You may apply and complete the admissions process at any time. Huntington University of Health Sciences (HUHS) has an open admission policy for qualified applicants. You must be a graduate of a four year accredited institution with a GPA of 2.0 or above. Selected students may be required to submit additional documentation.
- 1. Submit a copy of a government issued photo ID, i.e., driver’s license or passport. (Submit within the Application)
- 2. Request official transcripts from your Bachelor’s degree*. Request the certifying institution to send transcripts directly to Admissions, Huntington University of Health Sciences, 118 Legacy View Way, Knoxville, TN 37918. Unofficial transcripts may be evaluated to expedite the admission process, but official transcripts will be required for all applicants who choose to enroll.
- 3. Submit a CV or complete resume detailing your personal information, employment, educational background, volunteer experiences, honors, awards, and professional certifications. (Submit within the Application)
- 4. Provide a short essay on how the MS in Nutrition degree will fit into your career goals. (Submit within the Application)
- 5. Upon receipt of the HUHS Application for Admission and all necessary documentation, the Office of Admissions will contact you for an admissions interview. This signed document will serve as your admissions agreement.
* College or university must be accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA); or international equivalent.
Transferability of credit disclosure statement
Per SB3789/HB3857, the State of Tennessee requires all educational institutions operating within Tennessee to provide the following transferability of credit disclosure statement to prospective students, prior to enrollment:
Credits earned at Huntington University of Health Sciences may not transfer to another educational institution. Credits earned at another educational institution may not be accepted by Huntington University of Health Sciences. You should obtain confirmation that Huntington University of Health Sciences will accept any credits you have earned at another educational institution before you execute an enrollment contract or agreement. You should also contact any educational institutions that you may want to transfer credits earned at Huntington University of Health Sciences to determine if such institutions will accept credits earned at Huntington University of Health Sciences prior to executing an enrollment contract or agreement. The ability to transfer credits from Huntington University of Health Sciences to another educational institution may be very limited. Your credits may not transfer and you may have to repeat courses previously taken at Huntington University of Health Sciences if you enroll in another educational institution. You should never assume that credits will transfer to or from any educational institution. It is highly recommended and you are advised to make certain that you know the transfer of credit policy of Huntington University of Health Sciences and of any other educational institutions you may in the future want to transfer the credits earned at Huntington University of Health Sciences before you execute an enrollment contract or agreement.