Doctorate Admissions Checklist
You may apply and complete the admissions process at any time. Huntington University of Health Sciences (HUHS) has an open admission policy for qualified applicants. You must be a graduate of a Master’s degree, or first professional degree program from an accredited college/university with at least a 3.0 GPA. Candidates may be required to submit additional documentation.
- 1. Submit a copy of a government issued photo ID, i.e., driver’s license or passport. (Submit within Application)
- 2. Request official transcripts of your bachelor’s* and master’s degree* be sent directly to Admissions, Huntington University of Health Sciences, 118 Legacy View Way, Knoxville, TN 37918. Unofficial transcripts may be evaluated to expedite the admission process, but official transcripts will be required for all applicants who choose to enroll. Candidates for admission must meet one of the following credentials:
- A minimum of a master’s degree in a health related field*
- A minimum of a master’s degree and significant professional experience in a health related field*
*Academic prerequisites: Minimum 3.0 GPA, completed undergraduate coursework in biology and statistics, and completed graduate coursework in nutrition and biochemistry.
- 3. Submit a CV or complete resume detailing your personal information, employment, educational background, volunteer experiences, honors, awards, and professional certifications. (Submit within Application)
- 4. Provide a short essay on how the D.Sc. degree will fit into your career goals. (Submit within Application)
- 5. Submit the names of 2 professional references and send each reference a Reference Request Letter form. (Complete within Application)
- 6. Submit copies of any applicable licenses.
* College or university must be accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA); or international equivalent.
Transferability of credit disclosure statement
Per SB3789/HB3857, the State of Tennessee requires all educational institutions operating within Tennessee to provide thefollowing transferability of credit disclosure statement to prospective students, prior to enrollment:
Credits earned at Huntington University of Health Sciences may not transfer to another educational institution. Credits earned at another educational institution may not be accepted by Huntington University of Health Sciences. You should obtain confirmation that Huntington University of Health Sciences will accept any credits you have earned at another educational institution before you execute an enrollment contract or agreement. You should also contact any educational institutions that you may want to transfer credits earned at Huntington University of Health Sciences to determine if such institutions will accept credits earned at Huntington University of Health Sciences prior to executing an enrollment contract or agreement. The ability to transfer credits from Huntington University of Health Sciences to another educational institution may be very limited. Your credits may not transfer and you may have to repeat courses previously taken at Huntington University of Health Sciences if you enroll in another educational institution. You should never assume that credits will transfer to or from any educational institution. It is highly recommended and you are advised to make certain that you know the transfer of credit policy of Huntington University of Health Sciences and of any other educational institutions you may in the future want to transfer the credits earned at Huntington University of Health Sciences before you execute an enrollment contract or agreement.