Diploma in Small Business Management (Dip.S.B.M.)This program is for those who own, manage, or hope to one day own or manage a small business. It is common knowledge that despite motivation, tenacity and thousands of dollars invested, most small businesses fail within the first five years. Although there are a variety of reasons for this, a lack of understanding fundamental principles of small business management can certainly play a significant role. For those who wish to better avoid becoming a business failure statistic, earning a Diploma in Small Business Management (Dip.S.B.M.) can help to shift the odds in your favor with the program.
The 6-course Dip.S.B.M. program is designed to help entrepreneurs and/or small business managers gain the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively operate a small business. This includes the mastery of business management/operations, marketing, advertising, psychology, business mathematics and other business principles.
Upon completion of the Diploma in Small Business Management program, the completer will be able to:
- Develop plans for starting, managing, and marketing a small business.
- Make sound decisions regarding marketing opportunities, pricing, promotions, and distribution of products and services.
- Organize and present business-related strategies to individuals and groups.
- Select and utilize effective motivational and persuasive techniques.
- Manage the daily operations of a successful business.
The Diploma in Small Business Management program consists of the following six courses:
- BUS142 Managing A Small Business (3)
- BUS140 Contemporary Marketing Skills (3)
- COM101 Public Speaking (3)
- MAT101 Business Mathematics (3)
- PSY101 Psychology (3)
- ENG130 English: Reading Enhancement (3)
Total Credits: 18
Total Tuition: $4,770*
Academic prerequisites: High School diploma or equivalent.
* Tuition does not include costs of books and materials which are purchased separately. Note that tuition and fees are subject to change. Students will be notified prior to any tuition changes.
**Please note that this is a diploma program consisting of undergraduate courses not a degree program.